Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Creation Day 4, Sun, Moon, and Stars, and Yellow

The Objectives
Bible Theme: God Made the World Around Me
Lesson: Sun, Moon, and Stars (creation day 4)
Memory verse: Genesis 1:1
Color: Yellow
Shape: Circle
Number: 1-2
Letter: A-G

Well, I figured that since I took forever to get my last post up that I'd put up some stuff we've been working on as we do it.  I suspect that this "week" is going to go longer than a week like the last ones have!  Once again, I feel like I'm not very organized and so I've actually been rolling out the new theme slowly!  I just love when he gets up from his nap and discovers that his trays have been changed!  His eyes light up and he runs straight to them!  So far these have been a big hit and here I thought, "eh, gotta get something new out".  

Got out the yellow playdoh for the little guy.  He enjoyed playing and creating while he watched some Veggie Tales.  

I usually start out with something simple, playdoh.  Then based on how he's doing with that item I'll add more things.  When I see he's losing interest or I think of something else that may be fun to add then I'll start adding more things.  Here, I decided to add some jewels in the colors that we've been working on.  I tried to get small, medium, and large versions of the gems in the chance that I would be able to extend his learning process.  Playdoh is a toss up for this little one, sometimes he absolutely loves it and can play forever, other times, it's only an activity that lasts several minutes, "All done!!"

I love this marker board.  It's been so useful!  I've been putting his creation day magnets here but once I added day four it got pretty crowded.  Those got moved to the dish washer door.  I decided to draw a sun, moon, and stars and label them.  By the door, I placed a small tin bucket with an eraser and his orange and yellow white board markers.  He loves being able to color here and tries to trace over the drawings!

This was one of those, "eh, I'll throw this one out there" trays.  We got a beach bucket that had  this as a lid and these shapes as well.  The bucket got lost at the beach but I still wanted him to be able to play with the shapes.  He's had a shape sorter for a long time and lost interest with that one so I was doubtful that he'd be interested in this one.  Surprisingly, he really liked this tray!!  This has been one of the first trays that he'll go to!  

I have been looking for some tongs for him to use for a LONG time!!!  I was so happy and excited when I found these ones!!  Unfortunately I stepped on them and they're broken!!  Boo!!  I knew I should have purchased a few of them!!  Here I used yellow gems in the shape of suns.   I had the gems in a little hamburger basket tray but they were really difficult to grasp with the tongs or the spoon (even for me).  It was much easier once I put them in the tin bucket.  Initially, he liked using the tongs, but I've seen him using the spoon more often.  However, now that my big feet squished the tongs, I guess it doesn't matter!  lol!  



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...