Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ice Cube Sensory Tub

(15 Months)
(Sensory Motor Skills- Children use their senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch, to guide and integrate their interactions)

I recently had an opportunity to try out another sensory tub (June 15, 2012).  I've been waiting for a nice sunny day to do some water sensory with the little guy but it's just been cloudy and rainy and just plain cold!  I decided that I didn't want to wait any longer and planned for some fun in the bathtub!

So what was in the sensory tub??  I got the ice cube tray ready poured water into it and put some frozen fruit in a few spots and then filled a few with some food coloring.  Inside the bin (in my case a large plastic drawer) I put some water, large spoons, and measuring cups.



To prep the bathroom, I had to put a floor heater on the counter to make sure the room was warm enough considering that the little guy was playing with ice.  I think I should have used colder water in the bin though because the ice melted pretty quickly.  (quick question...why did I all of a sudden start interchanging "tub" and "bin"?? Who knows).  As you can see he had a blast and of course had to eat ALL of the fruit.  I didn't put many colored ice cubes in the water and only used blue and yellow ice cubes, hence the slightly green tinged water in the tub.





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...